Time flies. The clock is ticking. If everything falls in place, it looks like June will be packing time.
So far the tri season has gone very well
Update on 2013/2014 achievements…:
- Armadale National duathlon 2nd and WA state state champion
- Bunbury OD 2nd with a nasty fall.
- Mandurah 70.3 2nd place, bought me spots for Kona and Mt Tremblant worlds
- Ironman WA 4th (9:44 finish time)
- Australia Day Tri, 1st
- Mandurah Olympic distance triathlon 2nd and WA state state champion
- 2nd places in City of Joondalup, City of Armadale and City of Rockingham. Still have a shot at first in the Telstra series, but only if destiny helps. It can always go either way. But races are not over until they are over.
- Busselton half marathon 1st in Super Vet 50+. Too bad the course was 500 m too long for a new PB..!
Kuddos to my 2 nemesis:
- Francis Mahony from Queensland who won the Armadale Duathlon, Mandurah 70.3 and Mandurah OD. Not a member of TWA so states 1st roll down to me.
- Steve Mitchell from Rockingham winning 3 sprint tri’s.
So, I have several 2nd places. Hopefully I’ll remediate that, and will race hard in late March in Karri Valley and early April in Hillarys 2. And after that … the Busselton 70.3 in early May, state long distance championship race. Expect lot of tough competition to show up, so more extra hard training needed for that one.
A few “distractions” … ATTA time trials in Chidlow (2) and Wandi, Busselton Jetty Swim (3.6 km), and training with the usual suspects. NCTC rides with David Martin, swimming with Arron Robertson, running with Jo Rees and Frank Boyes, and lovely support from Gilly’s Angels.
My oldest daughter has moved to Perth for a year or so. She’s doing very well, working at the Scarborough Wild Fig, enjoying the good life down under.
Trying to get a bit of local sponsorship… look for the UpBeat Nitrate shirts out there in the following races.
Train smart, race hard! Until the next update.