The best tri season ever!
2013/2014 achievements (all results refer to Age Group M 50-54 unless specified otherwise):
- Podium in all 9 races in the TWA calendar
- 2nd place at Armadale National duathlon and WA state state champion
- 2nd place Bunbury OD 2nd (after a nasty fall).
- 2nd place in Mandurah 70.3 , Qualified for Kona and Mt Tremblant worlds
- 4th place in Ironman WA (9:44 finish time)
- 1st place in Australia Day Tri at Point Walter
- 2nd place at Mandurah Olympic distance triathlon and WA state state champion
- 2nd places in City of Joondalup 1, City of Armadale and City of Rockingham.
- 3rd place in Karri Valley OD+, for some time in pouring rain
- 1st place in City of Joondalup 2 (finally beating Steve Mitchell in in a Telstra Series tri)
- 3rd place in Busselton 70.3 , and a 6 minute PB. (4 hr 31 min). (finally beating Francis Mahony from Queensland)
Triathlon Western Australia state championships:
- Duathlon, 1st
- Sprint, 2nd
- Olympic, 1st
- Long Distance, 2nd
- 1st place in Busselton half marathon in the Super Vet 50+.
- 2nd place in Lake Monger 10 km
- 3rd place in the Perth Marathon (3:05:26)
- 3rd place in 45+ Eagle and Child Perth Trail Series Half Marathon
- not sure about my place in handicap
- qualified for Ironman World Championship Kona, Hawaii
- qualified for 70.3 World Championship Mt Tremblant , Quebec, Canada
- Telstra Series 2nd place
- Obviously, can’t represent Australia because I’m not an Aussie citizen, but I would have made it to every team.
And Triathlon WA 1st place TOTY (triathlete of the year)
I’m publishing this post from Houston where I’ve moved with the family for work.
Just taking it as being too chicken to train in cold weather. It’s warm and humid now, ideal training camp for Kona Ironman !
So see all y’all in September, October and or December !
From Houston Texas