There’s nothing I can say about 2013 without remembering my Dad’s passing away on Jan 10 just a few days after the Xmas and new year holidays. It was unexpected, shocking, devastating. He continues to be an inspiration to the family and friends, and that has helped move on.
The triathlon and running year continued and I’ve continued to have awesome results. Since my 2012/13 season wrap up, things have continued to improve.
- During the winter running season I PB’ed all my distances
- WA duathlon state champion
- WA triathlon sprint distance 2nd state champion
- Mandurah 70.3 2nd in age group and a 2 spots for world championships: 70.3 at Mt Tremblant and Kona Ironman.
- Bunbury olympic distance 2nd after crashing in a fast turn (very lucky to finish with just a few bruises)
- IMWA 4th in age group finishing in 9:44:08 (yes, Busselton IS a fast course!)
- My name pops up in the 2013 Ironman age group rankings. Made the top 1% (gold) for the Overall and 70.3, and silver for Ironman only. Waiting to hear from IM about awards… 😀
Regarding work I start feeling the upcoming transition. As it turned out my move out of Australia was delayed to May-June 2014. Hopefully it will be mid-late June, so I can give a shot at a sub 3 Perth marathon. The WAMC Perth Marathon is perfect for a sub 3: flat course and cool dry weather.
Great news… Justine, my oldest daughter, got her holiday work visa and moved to Perth in Nov! Yes! She landed a job at the Scarborough Wild Fig. Too bad that she spends the holiday season by herself as we are in Argentina and Uruguay, but I bet that starting a new life is a good trade off… 😉 She has 1 year to get a state of the Aussie way of life.
Vale continues with her body pump and body balance classes at Fitness First. A very popular instructor I understand. Nevertheless her first job is driver mum as she constantly declares. It’s just that the drive from Hillarys to City Beach has become a nightmare during school days. I’ve been encouraging her to sign up for some sort of fitness/figure competition as I think she could podium without even training for it…
Seb and Agus focused on school (I hope!) and making plans for the future move. Houston, Texas is the target,
The 2014 is already crowded…
- Jan, City of Armadale and Australia Day Tri
- Feb, Mandurah OD
- Mar, Rockinham Sprint
- April, City of Joondalup
- May, Busso 70.3
- June, Perth Marathon and move out
- Sep, Mt Tremblant 70.3 world championship
- Oct, Kona Ironman world championship
- Dec, IMWA Busselton Ironman
So we keep rolling!
- NCTC friends for awesome support, training buddies, accommodation sharing and party goers
- All time NCTC special friends Lees’ Hoffman’s Girvan’s
- Eve magic hands O’Hare and Lisa Vass for massage,
- Arron Robertson, Matt Williams, Paul Newsome, Brenton Ford, Kevin, Paula and Kay Smith for great swim improvements
- The list goes on and I will update…! drop me a note if you feel left out… 😉